The water quality of Hayden Lake has been the focus of many studies over the last 50-plus years. This list is comprehensive as of 2022. If you are aware of other studies that have reflected in any way on the lake or the watershed, please share them for inclusion in this list.
Summary of Hayden Lake Water Quality Monitoring – a meta-analysis of the following documents
- 1975 (testing date) Report on Hayden Lake, Kootenai County, Idaho, EPA Region X (draft), a part of the National Eutrophication Survey, CERL, Corvallis, OR; EMSL, Las Vegas, NV.
- 1977 (pub date) Water Quality Summary, Hayden Lake, Idaho. Prepared by Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Division of Environment.
- 1985 (testing date) R.A Soltero, Kenneth R. Merrill, M. R. Cather, L. M. Appel; Completion Report for the Investigation Entitled “Water Quality Assessment of Hayden Lake, Idaho.”
- 1986 (pub date) Panhandle Health District 1 Staff; Technical Report, Hayden Lake, Idaho, Shoreline Survey Update 1976-1985.
- 1987 (testing date) J. M. Bellatty; Hayden Lake, Kootenai County, Idaho, 1987; Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Division of Environmental Quality, Water Quality Bureau.
- 2006 Hayden Lake Water Quality Report – 2006
1993 (pub date) J. Mossier; Idaho Lake Water Quality Assessment Report pp 56-83.
1994 (pub date) S Hale; Hayden Lake Watershed Management Plan; Panhandle Health District, Coeur d’Alene, Id.
2000 (pub date) Sub-Basin Assessment and Total Maximum Daily Loads of Lakes and Streams Located in or Draining to the Rathdrum Prairie; ID Dept of Environmental Quality.
2009 (pub date) Hayden Lake Watershed & Lake Management Plan Addendum; Hayden Lake Watershed Association Inc.
Idaho Water Quality Standards; IDAPA 58.01.02
2019 (pub date) G. Harvey; Hayden Lake: A Brief Primer
2022 (pub date) G. Harvey; Water Quality of Hayden Lake with Special Emphasis on Mokins and O’Rourke Bays