ISDA will implement the third phase of planned Milfoil treatment on Hayden Lake next week. The herbicide application will cover the north arm of the lake, the home of Sportsman’s Access. All residents along the affected area’s shoreline received a postcard via certified mail last week, and Aquatechnex will post notices at all public access points by the 14th. Water use restrictions for the treated area will be in place per the Littora label for >2 gallons/acre. Residents around the lake and non-residents who use this area need to know as well. Please share this information with your friends and neighbors.
Get information directly from the contractor, Aquatechnex, via their Hayden Lake Milfoil page. Click the map image here to view the full treatment area.
Please help us understand the impact of Milfoil treatment by filling out the survey below. If you have questions about Milfoil treatment on Hayden Lake, be sure to add then via the last survey question or by commenting on this post. Monday’s post will follow-up with more information and answers to your questions.
How will you be affected by the Milfoil treatment on Aug 13 in the north arm of Hayden Lake? (Check all that apply to you.)
- The more aggressive the treatment plan the better. The Milfoil is destroying the quality of the lake.* 50%, 1 vote1 vote 50%1 vote - 50% of all votes
- We have had a horrible weed year at Sportsman Park. A group of three of us neighbors removed 3000# of weeds from our shore area...most had floated in. Anything to lessen this impact is welcome.* 50%, 1 vote1 vote 50%1 vote - 50% of all votes
- The treatment will have no impact on me. 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votesWhat part of Hayden Lake do you live on?What questions would you like us to answer in the next BLOG post? (Check all that apply, or add your own!)
- Can I treat the area around my dock or property? Can a certified applicator treat the area around my dock or property? Can you provide contact information if that is an option?* 67%, 2 votes2 votes 67%2 votes - 67% of all votes
- Where can I find out more about the herbicide used to treat the Milfoil? 33%, 1 vote1 vote 33%1 vote - 33% of all votes
Thank you for participating in this survey!